Monday, August 15, 2011

Ungrateful

Yes, I tend to go on rants about the same things, but I'm so angry right now I can hardly see straight.  And it all comes down to ungratefulness and selfishness.  I had a "friend" from work that had a beautiful baby boy last week.  Her entire pregnancy was wonderful.  She was not sick one time, she did not have heartburn, she started swelling two weeks before the baby was born, and yet she complained every single day.  She was tired.  She was mad that she couldn't drink alcohol.  That's it.  And she complained incessantly about it.  She did not even seem excited when she told me she was pregnant.  She said she was, but nothing in her actions said "Yea! I'm so excited that I can give birth to this little person who will love me forever!  I've waited for this my entire life!"  Her man was excited (I say "man" because I don't know what to call him....ex-husband, live-in, ???) , however she was not.
When we went to see her at the hospital, she did not talk once about the baby, she only griped because she had to have a c-section and it was a "horrible experience".  When offered the baby, she told us to "put him in his box".  Her husband bragged continuously about him, my husband even held him...a newborn.  We cooed over him and rocked him, while she watched tv.  The day they went home, she sent me a text that said "We are home, all is good, or as good as it can be".  Seriously?!?!  You should be on cloud 9 that your baby is healthy and gets to go home 2 days after he is born!
I would have given my left arm to have a c-section and have a beautiful, healthy baby.  I'm just so confused about how someone can not be happy at all about such a miraculous thing.  I know some people just don't want children, period.  But once you see that child, how can you not be thrilled?

No comments:

Post a Comment