Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Two blogs, One night

I've got a lot on my mind tonight and no one to tell it to. So my blog gets the blessing/curse of my overactive brain. Over the last few days I've seen a lot of people that I haven't seen in years. So I guess I'm feeling a bit nostalgic. So here's just a few things I remember over my lifetime (in no particular order).

1. Keith proposing to me at Camp Caudle, where we both spent some wonderful years before and after we met
2. Singing with my friend, Jalynn
3. Practically living with Allyson when I was in beauty school
4. Hanging out at Johnny & Barbara Fowlkes' house
5. Sitting with Amber during church at Colony and laughing so hard that I snorted...during service
6. Meeting Jalynn for the first time and how she thought I was completely nuts for talking to a complete stranger
7. Riding the three-wheeler after church with Justin & Brittany
8. Living in the dorms at Beebe
9. Having my two best friends introduced to me at camp when I was fifteen...and hanging on to them for the last fourteen years through thick and thin
10. Eating breakfast at my grandma's...always chocolate gravy and biscuits
11. My Ya-ya singing to me and me running away
12. Wishing that I could hear her sing one more time (One day I will...)
13. Making a CD in Nashville (who cares that it was made at a booth in the mall)
14. Talking to Papa Carl & Arvie for hours after Thursday night Nucleo
15. Having Sandra to tell all of my teenage heartbreak too
16. Working at my first dental office
17. Going to see the Dixie Chicks with Allyson for my 20th birthday
18. My grandpa not letting us use his red hand towel because he thought we would get sick
19. My Ya-ya telling me that my mom was adopted (I didn't believe her)
20. Finally making the decision to adopt a baby
21. Running through Maria's field at the farm trying to find the end of a rainbow
22. Hiding in Maria's dorm during nightly room check
23. Spending New Year's Eve with Maria our senior year & convincing her that we were drinking alcohol (We weren't...it was club soda)
24. My Pop bringing home Hershey's Kisses every time he went to the store, because he knew they were my favorite
25. Getting Clorets gum from my Great Aunt Darlene during church
26. Breaking my arm on that dumb 'ol horse of Toot's
27. Singing as loud as I could in front my mirror...when I was 7 and now that I'm 30 too
28. Scott bringing Sarah food 3 times a week when she lived with us
29. Meeting Keith for the first time and thinking he was "at least 30"
30. My mom being determined that she would not walk with her cane at my high school graduation...and pulling it off with flying colors
31. Sleeping on my parents' water bed right in between them
32. My wedding day, the best and most relaxing day I've ever had
33. Ditching my senior prom date and hanging out at Maria's grandma's house instead
34. Meeting Keith's mom for the first time and knowing that she was the perfect mother-in-law for me
35. That first plane ride to Costa Rica and falling asleep on Papa Carl's shoulder
36. That stupid zip line in Costa Rica and crying my eyes out the whole time. Never again.
37. Realizing that I am exactly like my father and not all of that is a bad thing
38. Having Friday night dinner with my grandparents and their friends
39. Being baptized and Danny telling me afterwards that everyone on the church van was now a Christian
40. Having "coffee" with my grandpa and the other old men in Greers Ferry

Just a few things I thought of today. One for each year I've been on earth and an extra ten for good measure. Not all of them are good, but all of them are replayed in my head. Some of them hurt to think about and some make me laugh. But all of them are dear to me. I've made so many good friends, some of which I don't even see anymore for one reason or another. Some are still as dear to my heart now as they were in the beginning. And others have been called home, leaving us here to long for the day we will see them again.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Mickey You so fine, You so fine you blow my mind... (insert remembrance of your face turning RED here!) Camp made for some great memories, some life lessons, plenty of sweat and tears, and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow...leave it up to you to bring that up! :-)

    ReplyDelete