Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Answered Prayers?

I'm still a little weirded out, but in a good way. I had something very odd happen to me yesterday. All day Sunday I had something on my heart that I felt compelled to check on. The more I ignored it, the more it popped in my head. So out of curiosity, I made a phone call yesterday to check on what I was thinking about. That person then proceeded to tell me that she had been praying for someone to do just that.
What does that mean? Was God pressing on my heart, using me to answer a prayer? Or did I just do it on my own? Or was it completely coincidental? I'm under the belief that everything happens for a reason, even if it's a bad, terrible thing. So I called her for a reason. I'm okay with that. But answering someone's prayer? That's unbelievable to me. If God used me to answer one person's prayer, what else could He use me for, if I only let him? Maybe that's all it takes....letting God have control. Maybe that's all it takes to have a God-filled life. Why do we make it so much more difficult than that?
If we only give our life to God instead of trying to do everything alone, things would be much simpler. That's what I've gotten out of this experience. What have you gotten out of this story? Maybe my story is supposed to help you let God take control.

No comments:

Post a Comment