Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The First of Many

For some reason, I stopped writing a few years ago. I'm not sure why, but it happened nonetheless. Now I've returned to my passion, taking notes along the way. Some people may disagree with me, but I think God is placing certain things on my heart and in my head to write about. Ideas flood up within me and I can't write fast enough to get it all on paper (or computer screen). Sometimes I feel like Jo March from Little Women..."Late at night my mind would come alive with voices and stories and friends as dear to me as any in the real world. I gave myself up to it, longing for transformation." I may not be as talented as Louisa May Alcott but I certainly have a mind for the printed word. I intend on this blog being my springboard for ideas, outlash at society, and my love.

Most people will read this post and wonder if the Mandy Moore they know has such things in her heart. For some of you, the answer is yes! As most see me, I am a goofy twenty-something who loves my family and dogs and has no life ambition...partially true. The reason I appear to have no life ambition, is because I am a writer. If you are an artist at heart, you will understand that statement. People see artists and writers and musicians as people with no direction, drifting through the wind toward whatever is convenient at the time. And if that is how you see us, that's okay with me. I never wanted fame or fortune or a doctorate degree. I only long for happiness and the satisfaction of a fulfilled life. And writing gives me direction and satisfaction.

I will never have a million dollars or a PhD or even my own talk show but I will have a life of happiness and mansion in heaven one day. And as I see it, that is better than any worldly thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment