Saturday, August 21, 2010

Limo rides and cruises

I drive 45 minutes to work. Not through a city with tons of gruelling traffic but from the country through a city, past several rural "towns", to a small town to work in my office. Everyone thinks I'm crazy for driving so far when I could get a job 15 minutes from my house. This is why I drive.


This is my office family, minus one. (She's on maternity leave, one of my oldest friends, and consequently the reason I work with these people) And, yes, you aren't seeing things...we are standing in front of a limo. My boss is a super nice guy who feels the need to do nice things for us. I think he may be insane, but it works out well for us so we don't complain. At the beginning of this week, my boss, Dr. E, decided to close the office Thursday afternoon and take us to the movies and to dinner. So we cancelled our patients and were surprised by a limo picking us up. He footed the bill for the entire excursion.
For the last two years (the year before I started and this past year) at Christmas, he gave his entire staff a cruise. This is one of the reasons I wanted a job here so bad before I started. Fortunately, I got it and got to join them on the cruise this year.
For some people it would be torture to be sentenced to spend time with their coworkers outside of work, but not me. I love the people I work with. We get on each other's nerves occasionally but we can all look past those times. We have great professional relationships and great personal relationships.
I still can't believe that I'm able to work with such great people and that I am get rewards for working hard. I've never worked anywhere that the boss did anything more than buying us lunch on our birthday, if we were lucky enough to get that. Don't get me wrong, I've worked for some very nice, benevolent people but they weren't that gracious with their employees. But now I have that and it's amazing! Just another one of God's blessings on me....

1 comment:

  1. Your boss is wonderful for treating you out like that! You don't get cruises and limo rides that often, let alone having someone pay for it! It must really be lovely working for such a generous guy.

    Annalee Sweger

    ReplyDelete