Monday, September 13, 2010

Babies...

I'll start this post off by saying that I am not sad! Today I made a visit to my friend who had her first baby last weekend. He is a precious little thing and I know God has great things planned for him. This is just another one of our friends to have a baby before us.
It used to make me really upset and I would cry for days when I found out that another person would be a mother before me. And, don't get me wrong, sometimes I still get upset. But now it's different. I think a not-so-selfish side of me has come out. I've never been one of those people that got mad if you got something before me, and I don't turn my back on my preggo friends. But after trying for over 6 years, it's a little aggravating when person after person after person has a baby while we are just sitting here.
I can see now though that God has a different plan for us and that's okay. We still want to be parents very badly but I'm okay with us being the "aunt & uncle" for now. Keith & I both enjoy playing with our friends' kids and getting them little presents for no reason. That is something we may or may not be able to do if we had children of our own right now. And we do truly love our "nieces & nephews".
So if we haven't told you lately, we are so proud that all of you have become parents before us! You are amazing parents and we can't wait to learn from you!

1 comment:

  1. Love you and my Princess and Prince love their "aunt and uncle" too!

    ReplyDelete