Saturday, September 11, 2010

Nice weekend again

Last weekend we had a great weekend on the river with our best friends. We spent it at my in-laws' little one bedroom cabin. Its a great little getaway, just to cook out and visit.
This weekend the hubby & I spent it at my in-laws' bigger four bedroom cabin on the other side of the river with our young adults' class from church...and a few strays too. Keith & a few other went fishing today and the rest of us just hung out. Last night we had some good food, courtesy of the hubby and his should-have-been-brother. We also had some great music from some of our strays. They are some very talented brothers & I expect to hear them on the radio someday.
Also on the music note (ha ha...I'm so funny), the hubby's cousin & I got to sing together a little. It's something we try to do but don't have much time for. He's an amazing singer & I love singing with him. He's always been like a brother to me, so it's a lot of fun. And we actually don't sound terrible together.
This time of year is a great time up at the river, so we spend a lot of time up there. We're skipping next weekend though so we can go up to St. Louis and visit another cousin & his wife. Yay for another great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment